District of Oak Bay Fire Hall
1703 Monterey Avenue
Oak Bay (Victoria), BC
Built in 1938, the Oak Bay Fire Hall is a symmetrical, Tudor Revival style two-storey building with half timbering in the gables and a row of Tudor arched bays on the front façade. It was designed by noted local architect, Percy Leonard James (1878-1970).
The Tudor Revival style is commonly utilized for Oak Bay residences. The use of this architectural style is considered harmonious with its environment and is symbolic of Oak Bay.
It is situated next to the Oak Bay Police Department headquarters.
The District of Oak Bay, located adjacent to the City of Victoria on the southernmost tip of Vancouver Island was incorporated as a municipality on July 2, 1906.